Annons

Could Someone Give me Advice on Upgrading Studio Monitors for Home Studio Setup?

Hello there,

I am new to this forum and hoping to get some advice on upgrading my studio monitors. I have been using a pair of entry level monitors for a few years now; and I feel it's time to invest in something that can offer better sound quality and accuracy for my home studio. My primary focus is on mixing and mastering various genres; including electronic; pop; and indie music.

I have done some research and come across several options; but I am feeling a bit overwhelmed by the choices. Here are a few considerations that might help narrow down suggestions:

My studio space is relatively small; about 12x10 feet; with basic acoustic treatment.
I am willing to spend up to $1000; but I am open to stretching it a bit if there is a significant benefit.
I am looking for monitors that provide a flat and accurate response; with good clarity in the mids and highs; and tight; well defined bass. I also value build quality and reliability.

I have been eyeing models like the Yamaha HS8; Adam Audio T7V; and KRK Rokit 7 G4; but I am not sure which would be the best fit for my needs. I have also considered getting a subwoofer; but I am concerned it might not be necessary for my space.

Also, I have gone through this post; https://www.studio.se/forums/topic/120532-vill-gärna-ha-sap-feedback-på-en-versbrygga-och-refräng/  which definitely helped me out a lot.

Thanks in advance for your help and assistance.

Dela på andra sajter

Annons
Postat (redigerat)

I have  Yamaha h8s and 2x Yamaha hs7.  I love the sound quality. My space looks like this. https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51149191734_3dba481861_b.jpg My monitors are behind my screen and have some room behind them as well.

I heard that you don't want a big speaker in a small room. Big room = big speaker.

Redigerat av Lonian
Dela på andra sajter

Bli medlem (kostnadsfritt) eller logga in för att kommentera

Du behöver vara medlem för att delta i communityn

Bli medlem (kostnadsfritt)

Bli medlem kostnadsfritt i vår community genom att registrera dig. Det är enkelt och kostar inget!

Bli medlem nu (kostnadsfritt)

Logga in

Har du redan en inloggning?
Logga in här.

Logga in nu
  • Skapa ny...